My sampler quilt was a labour of love but once I had the patchwork done I struggled with the quilting and so it got bundled away for a few years until I heard that the Bramble Patch at Weedon did a quilting service with a long arm quilting maching and so I took it there to be quilted. Oce done I only had to bind the edges and I finally did it this summer while being cold and ill! Its a shame the bedroom isnt still in the colours it was when I started the quilt!!!
Saturday, 3 September 2011
Being ill has had its advantages although I'd rather not be ill but during this time I have managed to finish off 2 quilts that have been stored in a cupboard for the last 14/15 years. As well as giving me something easy to do it has also kept me warm while I have been feeling very cold. This one is a single bed size and all machine pieced and quilted.
This is a stash bag I made for some wool - I found the pattern on Ravelry and it was really quick and easy to crochet up. I used an aran yarn as I couldnt work out from the pattern what the yarn was used so had to guess at the thickness - the aran worked out well
Saturday, 13 August 2011
I didnt manage to do too much crocheting on holiday as I found my hands got too hot and sticky in the heat of Thassos so only managed if I sat in an air conditioned room. The red bag I made was from a patons kits i had in my stash and it was easy to take away with me. I intend to put a zip into it and also line it but I havent done that yet.
Thursday, 21 July 2011
Ive also been knitting some squares some the same in different colours and other different patterns but all in pastel shades - not quite sure what they are for as yet but they will be sewn together at some point when I have enough for them to be anything!! Its more of a stash busting exercise!
Ive been making a few more blocks using the book I mentioned earlier by Jan Eaton. They aren't all coming out exactly the same size and I thought it was down to my tension (which is usually good) but reading a group disscussion on Ravelry it seems everyone else has the same outcome. I'll just have to tidy them up and make them the same size once I am ready to join - but that wont be for a while!!!
Wednesday, 20 July 2011
Since finishing the blanket I have been working on a bag using a pattern from Lucy at attic24 (a blog that is fab) Lucy's is worked in an aran weight yarn and it beautiful stripes of lots of colours I used some double knitting cotton as I had some in my stash and did a few more rows on the base and sides - I am really pleased with how it turned out and have had a few compliments already!
So here it is.....
Thursday, 30 June 2011
I have crocheted lots of squares for another (bigger) charity blanket using mainly yarn Ive had free in magazines with a few oddments thrown in - the squares piled up ready for sorting into order ...
The squares bagged up ready for crocheting together...
The pins and the yarn ready for putting the blanket together...